Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Two for Tuesday

 
 
I heard a famous preacher say...
“You came here tonight and the Lord is merciful. He will forgive your sins tonight – He will forgive your past sins, your sins of today, and your sins for tomorrow.'
I thought, isn't that nice?
Can you imagine going up to a judge and the judge says, “You've been charged with stealing a lady's purse, did you steal it?”
“Yes,” replies the man, .”It had $100 in it.”
“Are you sorry?” the judge asks.
“Yes I'm sorry,” answers the man.
“Well,” the judge says, “You're forgiven. I forgive you for all the purses you've stolen in the past... all you've stolen today and all the purses you'll steal the rest of your life.”
Wouldn't that be insane?  
 
- - Leonard Ravenhill - -
 
 
 
Someone asked me, "Do you pray for the dead?" I said, "No, I preach to them!" I think every pew in every church is death row. Think about that! They're dead! They sing about God; they talk about God, but they're dead! They have no living relationship (with God). 

- - Leonard Ravenhill - -

No comments:

Post a Comment