Thursday, November 10, 2011

His Blood Must Save Alone, Put Anything With It And You Are Lost ~ Charles Spurgeon

From Puritan Fellowship



"When I see the blood I will pass over you." (Exodus 12:13)

"The blood of Christ hath such a divine power to save, that nothing but it can ever save the soul. If some foolish Israelite had despised the command of God, and had said, "I will sprinkle something else upon the doorposts," or, "I will adorn the lintel with jewels of gold and silver," he must have perished; nothing could save his household but the sprinkled blood. 


And now let us all remember, that "other foundation can no man lay than that which is laid, Jesus Christ," for "there is none other name given among men whereby we must be saved." My works, my prayers, my tears, cannot save me; the blood, the blood alone, has power to redeem. 

Sacraments, however well they may be attended to, cannot save me. Nothing but thy blood, O Jesus, can redeem me from the guilt of sin.

Read rest of sermon here

No comments:

Post a Comment